Are you still looking for ways to promote your online business? If you are, you need to give social media tools a try. Social media tools give your online business the audience traffic you desire. However, not all social media marketing (SMM) tools will prove helpful. This article will guide you in choosing a suitable social media marketing tool. Here, you will find all the social media tools you need to sell online. The benefits, pros, and cons of social media marketing tools will not be left out. But first, you must know the high rewards – to both seller and consumer- of utilizing social media tools to sell online.
Benefits of using social media tools to market
As the world’s population depends more on their devices, there is tremendous growth in social media traffic. With social media, your business will rapidly grow as more persons get to see it. It helps you create a sustainable brand or one that fails.
What do you stand to gain using social media tools to sell?
Here are some of the gains of using social media marketing tools to sell online:
- You have the means to promote discounts and mouthwatering deals.
- Through your social media sales platform, you can post customer reviews.
- Ability to share your business achievements and gain more visibility for your business.
- You get to know what your audience thinks about your business.
- You can share stories of how your business functions and attribute credit to those involved.
- It allows dialogue with your audience. That is, you can reply to their commendations, questions, complaints, and so on.
- Also, you can indulge in visual advertisements like videos and pictures.
What does your audience stand to gain from your online business advertisements?
Using social media tools to sell online does not benefit you alone. Here are two things those who view your business ads stand to gain.
- A source of marketing research information: Several persons today employ the services of social media in making decisions. With your business ads, your audience comes to know more about your line of business. Such knowledge can be used in statistical reports or to help the newbies in your niche.
- With social media marketing, your audience can refer your business to others with ease.
Now we know there is a lot to gain using social media tools to sell online. You cannot benefit from it if you do not utilize it. There is no need for trial-and-error. Let us consider some top social media tools you need to sell online.
Top social media tools you need to sell online
Before you select a social media marketing tool, you need to consider the following:
- Which site has the most traffic;
- Which of the sites has the most sales on what product; and
- Where is your audience most likely to encounter your ads.
Now you know this, let us see some sites to put on your list. Six social media tools you need to sell online are:
Although Instagram does not have as many views as Facebook, it has more audience engagement. Instagram has more audience engagement than all other social media marketing tools. It uses a lot of pictures and videos. The use of graphics on Instagram makes its users always want to be online. Now, this is most important for your brand’s advertisements. Let us consider our Instagram market strategy.
- Own a business profile. When signing up for Instagram, your profile should be a business profile. Having a business profile is also possible if you have an existing account. All you have to do is switch from personal to a business profile.
- Use free Instagram tools like Insights. Using this tool helps keep track of your progress.
- Upload product teasers. These will help coax your audience to support your brand. Simply put, product teasers are a way of letting your audience know what they stand to benefit. Your ads should not be pushy so as not to scare people away.
- Make use of Instagram stories. Within your 24-hour time limit, post captivating videos or photos of your business.
- For a wider audience reach, get influential sponsors. It entails you becoming partners with other brands with higher followers.
- Use some of the content provided by your audience. Audience generated posts are always unpredictable. They go a long way in promoting your business. However, you need to pick the one that best suits your brand. You have to consider if the post is appropriate, and the number of followers that person has.
- Get your brand an interactive hashtag. This way, the advertising process is made easy.
- Post contents at the right time. Do not post at any time you feel like in your business profile. You can get the best time to post using SimplyMeasured and CoSchedule.
- Finally, you must endeavor to keep track of your brand’s performance.
Facebook comes so high on this list for several reasons. Remember, your prospective social media marketing tool needs to have a large audience base. Facebook has about 2.6 billion active users every month. That is an attribute to look out for on your prospective media marketing site. If you do not know what to do with Facebook, you still do not have to worry. Advertising on Facebook is possible through the following:
- Video posts
- Status posts
- Live video posts
- 24-hour Facebook stories
- Facebook poll posts; and
- Pinned posts.
All of these are effective methods. However, what content should you advertise through these means? It should be one that makes your brand stand out. Also, it should be a captivating content that holds the interest of users. For this, you need a market strategy.
- Understand your target audience. Things like their location, age, education, and previous purchase activities are vital.
- Set your goals. Your goals should include increasing your site conversion and customer service. You also need to generate leads for your brand. At this stage, you should not count on the number of likes your posts get. Focusing on likes might divert your attention from what is more important. In most cases, the number of likes your business has does not contribute much.
- Arrange your content plan. You can make use of the 80%-20% approach. When creating your content:
- Use 80% to entertain, inform, and educate.
- The remaining 20% should be for your brand’s promotion.
You can also use the one-third rule:
- One-third of your content should be interactions with your audience.
- One-third of your content should be off stories and ideas.
- One-third of your content for brand promotion.
- For better audience engagement, you need to optimize your page. You can start with an engaging profile as it is the first thing people will see. Next, you should link your page to other channels like your email signature. Finally, make the like and share buttons visible for your audience. You also have to make sure the contents on your page are up-to-date.
- Consider other Facebook tools like Chatbot and Facebook Business Manager.
- Adopt the use of Facebook pixels alongside your ads. The Facebook pixel will help you find people who have visited your site. It helps track conversions and builds an audience for your next content.
- Lastly, you need to track your progress. You can do this using Facebook insights. Then you need to measure your success and perhaps refine your business strategy.
Other social media tools you need to sell are:
They all are capable of promoting your brand when you use them right.
Benefits of using social media marketing tools to sell online
- 1. It requires a low initial cost.
- Social media provides the opportunity of gaining several views for your brand.
- Information transmission using social media is fast.
- It serves as a means of interaction between you and your audience.
- With comfort comes loyalty. Customers who are comfortable with your business will not mind promoting it.
Disadvantages of using SMM tools to sell online.
- It is a time-consuming process.
- Return on investments takes long.
- Risks of negative publicity are high.
- With negative publicity comes the risk of losing control. When someone posts a negative comment about your brand, it might go viral and spiral beyond your control.
- Lack of synchronization. When several persons are handling the media aspect of your business, unity in brand voice goes amiss.There will be posts of contents of different themes. Such could lead to distrust in your brand.
Online marketing tools hold great importance in our society today. Social media especially plays a vital role due to an exponential increase in its active users. If you have investments in the e-market, social media tools will prove beneficial to you. If you felt Facebook was all you had for this, think again. You now have five more social media tools you can use to sell online. Remember, with the right business strategy comes results.